Student Chapter of the Year Award
The ASID Student Chapter of the Year award recognizes the dedication and leadership of an outstanding ASID student chapter leader. All student chapter officers and student representatives to the board are eligible for this award.
ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Nominate yourself or someone you know by completing the online submission process. All nominees must have served an ASID student chapter during the 2013–2014 academic year and must be in good standing with ASID. All nominations must include the following:
1. Completed online application form
2. An essay (500 words maximum) describing the following:
• The student chapter’s strategic goals, outstanding qualities, notable projects and accomplishments
• Any challenges and/or strategic goals that were met creatively
• The student chapter’s involvement with the professional chapter
3. The student chapter’s strategic plan (uploaded PDF or Word document)
4. A maximum of five supporting photographs with brief descriptions of successful student chapter initiatives, such as:
• Community service projects
• Programs, speakers, trips, etc.
5. Examples of student chapter board meeting minutes
6. A minimum of two letters of recommendation from faculty members, ASID Industry Partner representatives, ASID professional chapter leaders/members or other professionals
7. Appendix materials, including event invitations, newsletters and any other supporting documents that highlight the chapter’s successful year
All entries must be received by midnight EST on Monday, March 24, 2014. Late entries will not be considered.
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), composed of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. ASID SAC members serve as highly qualified, dedicated judges.
The chair of the ASID SAC will notify the award recipient in writing no later than April 20, 2014.