Accelerate Studio New York: Wellness
ASID Accelerate Studio is a new national program created to help members expand their design knowledge and learn new strategies for their businesses. Hosted by Axor Hansgrohe in New York City on Nov. 13, this event will examine interior environments that support healthy lifestyles and tools to assist designers in their practice.
ASID developed Accelerate Studio as a full day of accelerated learning, which members also can attend in segments, according to their needs. The program will feature dynamic workshops and demonstrations by leading design professionals. Members who attend the day-long program of Interior Design Continuing Education Council–approved sessions will earn their 0.6 CEU annual requirement. For more details, schedules and registration information click here.
Each studio session will serve 50 people, encouraging participation and time for questions. Two two-hour breaks will give members ample opportunity for refreshments, networking and work matters between morning, afternoon and late-afternoon sessions.
The upcoming Accelerate Studio events will feature presentations by some of the design industry’s leaders on health and well-being, including:
- Joan Blumenfeld, FAIA, LEED AP | Interior design director of the Perkins+Will New York office, Blumenfeld combines her background as an architect with a design excellence approach to interiors.
- Jen Bruno | Axor Hansgrohe’s manager of training and development, Atlanta-based Bruno is a highly regarded resource on sustainable living choices, stress management and designer-client engagement.
- Breeze Glazer, LEED AP | A sustainable health researcher at Perkins+Will in New York, Glazer is considered an expert on the impact of the built environment on human and ecological health.
- Barbara J. Huelat, FASID, EDAC, AAHID | President of Huelat Parimucha: Healing Design in Alexandria, Va., Huelat is nationally recognized for her work in healing environments and evidence-based healthcare design.
- Alison Weidner | An architectural sales manager at Poggenpohl, the oldest kitchen brand in the world, Atlanta-based Weidner is an expert in European kitchen design.