Benefits of Student Membership
ASID offers a wide range of programs, services and benefits for all of its 30,000 Professional, Allied, Industry Partner and Student members. With membership categories that adapt to your needs, ASID provides a significant return on your investment.
Join ASID at a national level to be one of the thousands of student members who enjoy
- “Student Member ASID” Appellation
- RealWorld DesignWeek—a national job shadowing program
- Networking Opportunities
- Career Tools, Job Banks and Job Fairs
- Industry Events
- Student Chapter Events
- Study Abroad Grants
- Emerging Professional Town Halls—sound off on areas of interest and concern
- Leadership Opportunities and Training
- Awards and Competitions
- Online Resource Library—featuring leading research
- Community Service and Outreach Programs
- Innovative Educational Programs
Join your campus’ ASID student chapter to participate in
· On-campus seminars and lectures to supplement classroom learning and aid career development
· Off-campus tours and trips to vendors, museums, etc.
· Charity/volunteer opportunities, such as Habitat for Humanity
· Networking with other students and local design professionals
· Social events
· Leadership opportunities and training
Read the full descriptions below to understand exactly what you receive as an ASID Student Member!
Awards and Competitions
ASID Student Design Competition- $2000 cash prize to top design
Student Chapter Awards- given to outstanding student members and chapters responsible for promoting the ASID student member experience as an enriching learning tool for future interior designers.
ASID ICON — The Society's quarterly magazine informs students of cutting edge design research and business trends, along with key national and chapter issues.
To support ASID's position on sustainability, ASID ICON magazine will now be delivered to student members electronically. If you do not have an e-mail address or would prefer to receive the magazine in print,complete this form to reinstate regular mail receipt.
- ASID ACCESS — This student magazine is published two times per year, fall and spring editions, and sent to all student members and other design professionals.
Scholarships — National scholarship competitions are sponsored by the ASID Foundation.
New for 2011! Daltile, in conjunction with the ASID Foundation, is pleased to sponsor the Daltile Interior Design Scholarship Competition.
Study Abroad Opportunities
AIU Global Edge Grant — AIU and ASID have partnered together to create an exclusive grant for ASID student members to study abroad in London.
Laureate International Universities- ASID members can recieve a 15% scholarship towards enrolling at either of their two centers of excellence for design education in Milan, Italy.
- Educational and Networking Events — These programs provide the opportunity to interact with professional designers and expand your knowledge of the professional aspects of interior design though chapter events, seminars, workshops, STEP programs, CEUs and competitions.
Career Exchanges- Hosted annually at NeoCon, NeoCon East and HD Expo conferences; resumes and portfolios are reviewed by design firms, manufacturers and ASID leaders in the interior design profession.
Career Days- ASID professional chapters provide an introduction to the many career options open to interior design students.
- Student Advisory Council — The Student Advisory Council (SAC) is a national forum for governing and programming development. The SAC serves the student chapters to ensure effective communication throughout the school year.
Student Chapters- Each chapter has a board of officers which help manage and facilitate operations on the campus level. These officers are elected annually and participate in the Leadership Training modules prior to the term beginning.
- Professional Chapters — A student representative is mandated by chapter bylaws to be a voting member of each professional chapter's board. This gives student representation on the chapter level and allows for input in student and chapter programming.
- Membership Card — Once approved, students can go online to www.asid.org and print off their new membership card. The card can be used for design center admission, some design competitions, chapter program discounts and more.
- World of Work Series: Tools for Emerging Professionals— a compilation of presentations on a variety of career development topics specific to the design industry.
- RealWorld DesignWeek — a national mentoring program that will provide ASID student members career development resources through classroom and hands-on experience and will focus on the real world of interior design.
Advancement Discounts — Upon graduation, discounts for allied membership are offered to student chapter members and student corresponding members, which include partial waivers of membership dues.
JOIN ASID TODAY!