When laying out this floor plan it was key to accommodate all the services the owner wanted for his clients while keeping the identity of the Fitness and the Spa areas as they both generate revenue separately. Also important was the restroom/shower support needed for the exterior pool and tennis courts located near to this building.
At the entry the reception directs the visitors down the main corridor which serves as entry to The Fitness, The Spa and the men’s and women’s lockers/sauna/steam rooms (with exterior doors to the pool/tennis). The placement of the two custom cabinetry units in the main corridor are used for display/sales and the other serves as a towel/water station for easy access to the fitness area.
The Fitness: Found at the end of the main corridor, just before starting a workout the kiosk (the heart of this state of this art facility, as it tracks activity with a key system on all equipment too) is highlighted with lighting and a custom ceiling treatment above. We coordinated with the equipment and provided a layout that provides:
- Strength training “Technogym” equipment, with personalized tracking. Each machine location was carefully coordinate as they all have web and cable TV. (After each workout the user or trainer can evaluate performance and future goals when checking out at the kiosk.)
- A large aerobics room with a cushioned spring type floating wood floor.
- A flex exercise room that changes from yoga to pilates to zumba, etc.
- Personal trainers and their offices/storage.
The Spa: offers guest and residents a tranquil retreat for relaxation and pampering. A private waiting area adjacent to the locker room flows nicely as the guest can prepare for their treatment using the locker room/sauna/steam/shower/restroom area. Subtle earth tones flow from the main corridor along with modern materials and accent lighting create a peaceful and soothing environment. The spa offers:
- Two single treatment rooms designed with equipment for a variety of massages, facials, and wraps.
- One larger treatment room designed to support; couple massages, bath soaks, shower scrubs and other wet treatments combined with massage.
- The reception/transaction desk, where the therapist can interact with their clients and suggest take home items to continue their journey on health and wellness. Custom cabinetry for their specific line was also designed inside the spa and outside in the main corridor.