GO PRO/ NYC
Join ASID for the fourth annual GO PRO/NYC, September 18–19, 2014, in New York City. Specifically developed for emerging design professionals, GO PRO/NYC provides the perfect setting to inspire your work and launch your career.
Learn from industry thought leaders, connect with design professionals, and engage with members of the ASID national team — all with Manhattan as your backdrop.
Embark with ASID on a journey to launch your career with everything that GO PRO/NYC has to offer:
- PROfessional Development: Discover and learn to convey “The Brand of You” with Aga Artka, Allied ASID, LEED AP, and Jenny Schrank, Allied ASID, and then practice your skills at networking activities hosted or curated by GO PRO.
- PROcess: Gain professional perspective by following one designer’s path to success as presented by Krista Ninivaggi, founder of K&CO and Contract’s 2014 Designer of the Year.
- PROduct: Learn about Biomimicry, the innovative design approach that aims to build sustainable solutions based on strategies in nature. Architect, designer and educator Janus Welton, LEED AP BD+C, AIA, and chemist Mark Dorfman of Biomimicry NYC discuss some of the latest trends, including solar cells inspired by leaves.
- PRO Bono: Make It Right experts will walk participants through the process of working with world-renowned architects to create affordable, LEED Platinum homes and buildings for people in need.
- PROject: Tour the Sandow Media Global Headquarters and Material ConneXion.
The registration fee includes access to all conference sessions, as well as breakfast and lunch each day. Each attendee also will receive a free ticket to the closing reception at Axor NYC Design Studio Friday evening (food and beverages provided). Upon completion of the program, attendees will receive up to 0.8 IDCEC-approved CEU credits.