Please join us for a Real World Design Week webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (EST). Learn how to navigate the mentee registration portal, gain a better understanding of your role as a mentee, and ask us any questions you may have. Register today!
This RWDW, don't miss out on the opportunity to:
- network with REAL designers
- visit one or more work environments/client sites
- ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask
- learn about a new city (or more about your current one!)
- hand out your personal business cards
- dress like a professional and look sharp - show everyone you’ve got great style
- take photos of yourself during your shadow day (share them with your folks and ASID)
... Oh yeah! And what about the chance to find yourself a job or an internship?!
Online registration is now open for ASID student members. There is no cost to register for Real World Design Week. Participants must be ASID members in good standing.
Have questions about the registration process? See our step-by-step Registration Guide here.
- Register early for Real World Design Week as shadow days are self-selected online through a first-come, first-served process.
- Contact your shadow day host shortly after you register to introduce yourself.
- Be sure to participate in the Prepare and Position online seminars, and practice what you learn in these educational sessions.
- Arrive early to the work location.
- Dress professionally (unless otherwise instructed by your shadow day host).
- Take photos of the event to show your class and also send to ASID! (Ask permission to take photographs.)
- Keep client and project information learned during shadow experience confidential.
- Don't treat the shadow day as an interview — this is an observational learning experience.
- Do not expect payment from your shadow day host for time spent at the work location.
- Do not expect reimbursement from your shadow day host for costs incurred in traveling to the work location.
2014 PROGRAM PARTNER