Chapter Community Service Award
The ASID Chapter Community Service Award is bestowed by the Society upon an ASID professional chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service during the previous ASID program year, and that best exemplifies, in the estimation of the judges, the spirit of bringing design to life in the service of others.
Chapter activities eligible for this award include, but are not limited to, pro bono design services provided to support or augment the following:
- Public or nonprofit building projects, such as those sponsored by Habitat for Humanity or Rebuild Together, that assist persons in need.
- Community shelters or centers that assist persons in need, such as the homeless, abused women and children, persons with disabilities or persons with AIDS.
- Public or nonprofit healthcare, rehabilitation, respite or hospice facilities, including Ronald McDonald House and similar facilities.
- Public or nonprofit day care or educational facilities.
- Demonstration projects or “show houses” that show the benefits of universal design or sustainable design.
Activities or projects must have been conducted or completed within the ASID fiscal year (from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016) prior to the nomination deadline date. Each chapter may submit one nomination for this award. The nomination is for the chapter’s community service, not for service rendered by an individual member of the chapter. Fundraising activities (including design show houses), activities to support response to natural disasters and other community service activities that do not involve providing interior design services are not eligible for this award.
Nominations should be submitted by the chapter president or his/her designee. Only one submission per chapter will be provided to the judges. Each submission should include the following:
- A completed nomination form.
- A brief description (no more than 300 words) of the project and the chapter’s role in the project.
- Documentation of the positive impact of the project on the occupants and/or the community, such as testimonials, letters of commendation, awards or certificates, media coverage, etc. (photocopies or scanned copies of these documents are recommended, as materials will not be returned)
- Photographs of the project along with photo credit information (please submit no more than three and indicate if ASID has permission to reprint photos in ASID ICON and on ASID.org).
Members of the ASID Chapter Support Team will select one winning entry from among those submitted by the chapters. The judges may choose not to select a winning entry in any given year if, in their estimation, no entry meets the requirements and spirit of the award. All nominees will be recognized in ASID ICON magazine, and the winning chapter will receive an engraved crystal award.