Faculty Advisor of the Year
The ASID Faculty Advisor of the Year award acknowledges an exceptional and innovative educator that has provided their ASID student chapter with inspiration and guidance. The ASID Faculty Advisor of the Year will be recognized nationally through ASID publications and at an awards event/luncheon held at an upcoming industry event.
ELIGIBILITY + SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Nominate yourself or someone you know by completing the online submission process. All nominee’s must have served the ASID student chapter during the 2014–2015 term and be in good standing with the school which hosts the student chapter. The following will be mandated in order to complete the online application process:
Online entries must be received by midnight EST on Tuesday, March 24, 2015. Late entries will not be considered.
- Completed Online Application Form
Typed Essay (500 word maximum) describing:
- How the faculty advisor has provided support for your ASID student chapter. Discuss great ideas, suggestions, or even how the faculty advisor has recommended and guided your chapter through during this past year.
- How has the faculty advisor been dedicated to the student chapter?
- How has the faculty advisor promoted ASID as a professional chapter?
- How has the faculty advisor encouraged student involvement with the professional chapter?
- Photograph(s) with brief description(s) to support typed essay (5 maximum).
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), comprised of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. Their dedication and industry outlook provides a steady stream of judges.
The chair of the ASID Student Advisory Council will notify, in writing, the award recipient no later than April 20, 2015.
PREVIOUS FACULTY ADVISOR OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
2014: Shepard Vineburg, ASID
2013: Anne Martin, Anderson University
2012: Denny Holland, Allied ASID, Canada College