Student Chapter Leader of the Year
The ASID Student Chapter Leader award recognizes the dedication and leadership of an outstanding ASID student chapter leader (to include any student chapter officer and Student Rep to the Board).
ELIGIBILITY + SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Nominate yourself or someone you know by completing the online submission process. All nominee’s must have served the ASID student chapter during the 2014–2015 term and be in good standing with ASID. The following will be mandated in order to complete the online application process:
Online entries must be received by midnight EST on Tuesday, March 24, 2015. Late entries will not be considered.
- Completed Online Application Form
Typed Essay (500 word maximum) describing:
- How the student chapter leader has provided outstanding leadership for your ASID student chapter.
- Discuss great ideas, suggestions, or events the president has recommended and/or led efforts to execute for your chapter during this past year.
- How has the student chapter leader been dedicated to the student chapter?
- What exceptional leadership qualities does the student chapter leader possess?
- How has the student chapter leader encouraged involvement with the student chapter?
- Photograph(s) with brief description(s) to support typed essay (5 maximum)
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), comprised of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. Their dedication and industry outlook provides a steady stream of judges.
The chair of the ASID Student Advisory Council will notify, in writing, the award recipient no later than April 20, 2015.
PREVIOUS STUDENT CHAPTER LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
2014: Alexa Schroeder, Student ASID, University of Nevada at Las Vegas
2013: Melanie Murata, Student ASID, Florida State University
2012: Karen Licea, Student ASID, University of Neveda at Las Vegas