Student Chapter of the Year Award
- Completed Online Application Form
Typed Essay (500 word maximum) describing:
- Student chapter’s strategic goals, outstanding qualities, notable projects, and accomplishments.
- Any challenges and/or strategic goals that were met creatively.
- The student chapter’s involvement with the professional chapter.
- Uploaded PDF/Word Document of student chapter’s strategic plan
Supporting photograph(s) with brief description(s) of successful student chapter events, such as: (5 maximum)
- Community service projects
- Programs, speakers, trips, etc.
- Examples of student chapter board meeting minutes.
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation from faculty members, ASID Industry Partner representatives, ASID professional chapter leaders/members, or other professionals.
- Invitations, newsletters, and supporting materials that were part of the chapter’s successful year.
The ASID Student Advisory Council (SAC), comprised of seven ASID members, understands that interior design students are the future of the profession and of the Society. Their dedication and industry outlook provides a steady stream of judges.
The chair of the ASID Student Advisory Council will notify, in writing, the award recipient no later than April 20, 2015.
PREVIOUS STUDENT CHAPTER OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
2014: University of North Texas
2013: Southwest University of Visual Arts
2012: Illinois Institute of Art Chicago