World Interiors Day
Celebrate World Interiors Day, Saturday, May 28
ASID is teaming up with the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) to celebrate World Interiors Day on Saturday, May 28, 2016. ASID encourages its members to share their talent and purposeful design work with their communities and fellow designers in order to build a stronger foundation and a deeper understanding of how the built environment affects and shapes humanity.
The 2016 World Interiors Day theme of “Interiors Intelligence” taps into the IFI Interiors Declaration, which states, “In the spaces that are important to us, we experience not only a sense of place, but a sense of who we are, and of what we can be. Thoughtfully-designed spaces help us learn, reflect, imagine, discover, and create."
Communicating the positive impact of design is a top priority for the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and the guidepost for all our initiatives. In this spirit, we are excited to participate in this year’s World Interiors Day, a global celebration of design’s influence on society and the built environment.
Three Ways to Celebrate World Interiors Day
- Share your story. Share images and stories of your purposeful design work on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram through the hashtag #InteriorsIntelligence. The photo or story submission that receives the most "likes" by May 28 will be awarded two tickets to Celebration 2016.
- Join 1+. Launched by Public Architecture in 2005 with the support of a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, 1+ is a first-of-its-kind effort to encourage pro bono service within the architecture and design professions. The program connects nonprofits with architecture and design firms willing to give 1% of their time to pro bono projects. If every architecture professional in the U.S. committed 1% of their time to pro bono service, it would add up to 5,000,000 hours annually – the equivalent of a 2,500-person firm working full-time for the public good.
- Provide free design consultation. Open your practice on May 28 and offer free design consultations to residents, businesses, and organizations in your community.
World Interiors Day Student Membership Contest: May 27-29
In conjunction with World Interiors Day, ASID encourages students of interior design, architecture, and beyond to join us on Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win a free, one-year ASID student membership.
How to Enter
- “Like” American Society of Interior Designers/ASID on Facebook, or Follow @ASID on Twitter.
- Click the link provided, and proceed to the Google Doc entry form.
- Enter your contact information and submit form.
The ASID student membership flash sale will be open for entries May 27 through midnight EST on May 29. The first 41 respondents to submit their completed entry form will be contacted via Facebook or Twitter by Friday, June 3.