Postponed: Accelerate Studio Miami
ASID Accelerate Studio is a new national program created to help members expand their design knowledge and learn new strategies for their businesses. Hosted by Axor Hansgrohe at Ferguson in Miami on Nov. 18, this event will examine interior environments that support healthy lifestyles and tools to assist designers in their practice. The program will feature dynamic workshops and demonstrations by leading design professionals. Those who attend the day-long program of Interior Design Continuing Education Council–approved sessions will earn their 0.6 CEU annual requirement. For more details, schedules and registration information click here.
Each studio session will serve 50 people, encouraging participation and time for questions. Two two-hour breaks will give members ample opportunity for refreshments, networking and work matters between morning, afternoon and late-afternoon sessions.
The upcoming Accelerate Studio events will feature presentations by some of the design industry’s leaders on health and well-being, including:
- Sally Augustin, Ph.D. | A practicing environmental psychologist, Chicago-based Augustin is an internationally recognized expert on person-centered design and environmental psychology.
- Jen Bruno | Axor Hansgrohe’s manager of training and development, Atlanta-based Bruno is a highly regarded resource on sustainable living choices, stress management and designer-client engagement.
- Deborah Burnett, ASID, CMG, AASM | A leading authority on health, wellness and epigenetic design, California-based Burnett combines her knowledge of the environment with evidence-based scientific research, bridging the gap between medicine and design.
- AnnMarie Jackson, ASID, AAHID | Director of interior design at the Montgomery, Ala.-based Sherlock, Smith and Adams, Jackson is inspired by the ability of interior environments to positively affect the human experience.
- BJ Miller, FASID, CCIM | Founder and president of The Vision Group Studios, Miller employs a human-centered approach to designing corporate, urban and healthcare spaces that promote well-being.