ASID Invites Press to INTERIORS 08
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Korenna Cline (202) 675-4441 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lizzie Hanner: (202) 675-4450 or email@example.com
Media Encouraged to Attend ASID Conference on Design in New Orleans
ASID rates at the New Orleans Marriott expire February 12, 2008*
WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 7, 2008) – The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) would like to invite media professionals INTERIORS 08: The ASID Conference on Design March 13 – 16 in New Orleans. Relevant to both trade and consumer press, media will have access to educational sessions, keynotes, off-site learning, a service project, a press conference and evening events. Press will hear about the issues that matter most to the interior design industry and participate with the experts and leaders in the profession.
Media will gain complimentary access to the conference, but must obtain press credentials. To register, go to www.asid.org/interiors08/press, download and print the press registration form, select desired sessions and events, and fax back to (202) 546-3240, attention Korenna Cline. ASID rates at the New Orleans Marriott expire Feb. 12. Call the New Orleans Marriott at (504) 581-1000 to reserve a room. Please direct any INTERIORS 08 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the complete conference schedule and descriptions of the over 80 workshops, visit www.asid.org/interiors. Below are a few examples of sessions and events that press are encouraged to attend:
Attendees will choose sessions from five unique educational tracks, Business Expertise, Generational Design, Luxury Markets, Future Trends, and Society and Environment. The following are just a handful of the sessions:
Trends and Forecasting
- Hotel of the Future - L. Bruce Jones,President, Poseidon Undersea Resorts
- Research Trends and Forecasts – James Cramer, Hon. AIA, Principal and Chairman, The Greenway Group, Founding Editor, DesignIntelligence
- Hospital of the Future: Putting Patients First - Chris Trupiano, ASID, Manager of Interior Design, Albert Kahn Associates, Inc.
- Office of the Future - Jerome Congelton, PhD, PE, CPE, Professor of Ergonomics and Safety Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Home + Work Trends - Paul Taylor, Editorial Director, Trends Publishing International
- City of the Future: A Design and Engineering Challenge - Martin Felsen, Founder, UrbanLab
- Interior Design Legislation: Navigating Today’s Political Environment – Deanna Waldron, Director of Government and Public Affairs, ASID
- Call it ReGreen: Sustainable Residential Renovation - Penny Bonda, FASID; Eric Doub, Victoria Schomer, ASID, Peter Yost
- Welcome to the Jungle: Eco Friendly Hotels - Bernadette V. Upton, ASID, LEED AP
- Accelerating the Transition to a Green Economy - Devin Danaher, PhD, Co-Founder, Global Exchange
- The Human Factor in Indoor Environmental Quality - Robert Bean, RET, Editor @ CIO, Journal of Indoor Environmental Quality
- The Safe Home - Lisa Bonneville, FASID, Owner, Bonneville Design
- Inviting to All – Luxury and Universal Design - Sajay Soli, Founder, UGI Design Builds
- Healing Environments-What is the Proof? - Barbara Huelat, ASID, AAHID, IIDA, Principal, Huelat Parimucha Healing Design
Attendees will travel off-site to visit historic restaurants, homes, churches, hotels and art galleries to learn about the impact of design in a city that has a style and history all its’ own.
- Behind the Altar - St. Louis, St. Alphonsus and St. Mary’s
- Global Green Holy Cross Project and Green Building
- Hilton St. Charles and Waldorf Roosevelt
- Photo Works Digital Photography and French Quarter (learn how to take digital photos)
- Rebirth in the Crescent City
- Uptown Mansions and Garden District Homes
- Ricca’s Architectural Warehouse
- Ursuline Convent and Beauregard Keyes House
ASID AND USGBC ANNOUNCE REGREEN GUIDELINES
Friday, Mar. 14
Friday, Mar. 14
9 – 10:15 a.m.
Educator, Architect, Environmentalist and Film Producer, owner of Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort
ROSEMARIE ROSSETTI, PH.D.
Saturday, Mar. 15
9 – 10:15 a.m.
President, Universal Design Living Laboratory
Sunday, Mar. 16
9 – 10:15 a.m.
Co-Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, Applied Minds
- Opening Night Reception
- Jubilation: The ASID Foundation Fete (silent and live auction)
- Celebration: The ASID Design Awards
*ASID cannot guarantee room reservations once the block has been filled regardless of the date. Space is limited so make your reservations today.
About ASID: The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is a community of people—designers, industry representatives, educators and students—committed to interior design. Through education, knowledge sharing, advocacy, community building and outreach, the Society strives to advance the interior design profession and, in the process, to demonstrate and celebrate the power of design to positively change people’s lives. Its more than 40,000 members engage in a variety of professional programs and activities through a network of 48 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. www.asid.org
# # #