Design to Lead Summit
The Design to Lead Summit will Challenge, Connect, Inspire, and Delight
Invest in yourself and engage with design leaders! Join us for the debut of the Design to Lead Summit Presented by ASID in Atlanta, May 2 – 3, 2014.
This two-day interactive event, guided by Victor Ermoli, dean of SCAD’s School of Design, will provide an audience of up to 200 emerging and mid-career design professionals with an exploration of leadership skills and education to inspire the next generation of leaders. The event will culminate with a keynote presentation by Marty Neumeier, author of Metaskills: Five Talents for the Robotic Age.
The Design to Lead Summit welcomes designers of all disciplines with the goal of generating conversations on design as a whole. Presentations and workshops will explore the expertise needed to challenge the status quo and to approach leadership in the business of design in new ways, focusing on a range of skills, including business acumen, emotional intelligence, communication strategies, strategic thinking and negotiation.
The program will begin on Friday, May 2, with an exciting welcome event for workshop facilitators and attendees. On Saturday, May 3, the agenda features distinguished presenters discussing the future of design and business:
- Victor Ermoli, dean of SCAD’s School of Design
- Marty Neumeier, director of Transformation, Liquid Agency, and author of Metaskills: Five Talents for the Robotic Age
- Margaret Alrutz, director of Healthcare Strategy, Nurture by Steelcase
- Marjorie R. Barlow, Ph.D., counselor, consultant and coach; with Amy Lukken, vice president of Cultural Development and Learning, Interface
- James P. Cramer, publisher and founding editor, DesignIntelligence
- Nila R. Leiserowitz, FASID, IIDA, regional managing principal, Gensler; with Tama Duffy Day, FASID, FIIDA, NCIDQ, LEED AP BD+C, director and firmwide area leader for Health & Wellness Practice, Gensler