EPAC Fact Sheet
What is the mission of the Emerging Professional Advisory Council (EPAC)?
Implement strategies that empower Emerging Professionals and recognize their diverse contributions to design.
What are the goals of the EPAC?
- encourage knowledge sharing and open dialog
- develop and identify interdisciplinary trends
- promote accomplishments, contributions of ASID emerging professionals
The EPAC can be comprised of:
- ASID emerging professionals
- ASID educator members
- ASID professional members
- ASID Industry Partner representatives
- ASID headquarters staff
What is the focus of the EPAC?
Explore ways to attract EPs to ASID
Develop programs of relevance and direct benefit to EPs
Encourage community peer groups/networks
Career advancement education (Web events, podcasts, etc.)
Expand EP leadership opportunities within ASID
Build mentoring opportunities
Build EP awards/competitions
EP communications and Web presence
Provide leadership training (public speaking, PR, personal marketing, etc.)
Offer job search support
Build programs for second careerists
Advise chapters on EP Affairs
Here are several initiatives the EPAC has developed in its inaugural year:
- Explore ways to attract non-member emerging professionals to ASID and recruit as Allied members
Develop programs of relevance and direct benefit to emerging professionals
- Community peer groups/networks
- Career advancement education (Web events, podcasts, etc.)
- EP integration into ASID leadership structure
- Mentoring opportunities
- EP Awards/Competitions
- EP communications and Web presence
- Leadership training (public speaking, PR, personal marketing, etc.)
- Job search/placement support
- Programs for second careerists
- Advise chapter EP Chairs on how to provide programming and services for EPs on a local level (including oversight of chapter leadership training for this position)
- Communicate with the Chapter Support Team members on relations with Emerging Professional Chairs as EPAC advisors and share any successes/challenges chapters are facing re: EP programming.
Check out these initiatives that are currently under way and will soon be available through a chapter near you!
- Development of a keynote speaker list accessible from the Web, with speaker names, topics, bios, pictures, fees and e-mail addresses
- Development resources for educator members regarding benefits and iniatitives to include in the classroom and in their profession