The ASID Outstanding Student Chapter award recognizes a single ASID student chapter that has provided exceptional service to its student members, professional associates and community within the first two years of being founded.
The ASID student chapter president or appointed chair should develop an ASID student chapter portfolio outlining the chapter's goals, outstanding qualities, notable projects and accomplishments in addition to a brief overview of the campus environment and any obstacles the chapter might have been faced with during the first two years.
All of the items below must be included for the application to be considered.
- Follow the format as indicated.
- Maximum 50 single-side or 25 double-sided 8 ½” x 11” pages.
1. Completed application form
2. Typed/word-processed essay detailing your chapter's successful year, including:
a. any challenges and/or strategic goals that were met creatively
b. the student chapter's involvement with the professional chapter
3. ASID Student Chapter Strategic Plan.
4. Photographs and brief descriptions of successful student chapters events, such as:
b. community service projects
c. programs, speakers, trips, etc.
5. Examples of student chapter board meeting minutes.
6. Minimum of two letters of recommendation from faculty members, ASID Industry Partner representatives, professional chapter leaders, professional liaison or other ASID professionals.
a. Invitations, newsletters or supporting materials that were part of the chapter's successful year
Correct ASID branding and use of the ASID logo is required in all communication.
• Applications must be received by March 22, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.
Email to ASID headquarters email@example.com
. Emailed applications must be submitted in PDF format only include award name in subject line.
• You may also mail submissions to: ASID Student Chapter Awards, 608 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Mailed entries are to be submitted as 8.5" x 11" documents in a bound portfolio.
• You may also fax submissions to (202) 546-3240, attn: ASID Student Chapter Awards
The chair of the ASID Student Advisory Council will notify, in writing, the award recipient no later than April 22, 2013.