Before Filing a Complaint
- The individual against whom an ethics complaint is made must be a current member in the Society
- The complaint must state the matter complained of in detail, and should be accompanied by all materials that support the complaint
- ASID determines if there is an ethics violation, and can only take action to suspend, terminate or uphold the membership of the accused. ASID is not a civil court and has no legal recourse in situations of where complainants are in need of financial recourse
- Following receipt confirmation the initial complaint, it may take up to fourteen business days for the ethics committee to notify the complainant about whether we are able to proceed with the full ethics process
* The continuation of this procedure is dependent on the complainant's action. No steps will be taken without the complainant's initiation. If the complainant fails to contact ASID within 90 days following a letter from the Society, ASID will close the case and take no further action.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.