KINDLY REVIEW THESE CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. By using this site, you agree to the following understanding. If you do not agree, do not, under any circumstances, use the site.
- The American Society of Interior Designers, Inc. ("ASID") makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability, accuracy, non-infringement, and the like, in connection with (i) information provided directly or indirectly by ASID on or through ASID's Web site or (ii) third-party vendors’ ("Vendors") products, services or content that appear on ASID's Web site, or which may appear on any site linked to ASID's Web site. ASID does not operate or control the Vendors, their products, services or content, and ASID is not an agent of such Vendors. All information contained on ASID's Web site is provided on an "as-is" basis. No information or advice obtained through ASID's Web site shall create any warranty or representation.
- ASID does not endorse or guaranty Vendor's products or services.
- Under no circumstances shall ASID be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages arising out of or relating in any way to (i) your use of this site, (ii) your use of any site linked to this site, (iii) information made available to you on or through this site or in connection with the purchase and/or use of any such Vendor's products or services.
- In no event shall ASID's liability to you for any reason ever exceed in the aggregate the sum of $50.00.
- ASID makes no representation that ASID's Web site or sites that may be linked to it are free of error.
- As ASID does not operate or control the products or services offered by Vendors, your use of Vendor's products, services and content is at your sole risk. Vendors are independent contractors and neither ASID nor Vendors have any authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other. Under no circumstances is ASID liable for any damages arising from transactions between you and Vendors.
- You authorize ASID to use any and all information provided by you to ASID in any manner consistent with ASID's privacy policies.
- You agree to indemnify ASID, its members, directors and employees and hold them harmless from any cost, claim, liability or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and related costs) arising out of or relating in any manner to your (i) violation of this Agreement or (ii) use of ASID's Web site.
- ASID may modify these conditions, and your use of ASID's site after ASID publishes changes to these conditions means you accept the revised conditions.
- These conditions shall be governed by and in accordance with laws of the District of Columbia. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating in any manner to ASID's Web site or these conditions shall be filed only in the courts located in the District of Columbia and that you submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for all purposes hereunder.
- If any of these conditions shall be determined to be unlawful, against public policy or void for any reason, it is agreed such provision shall be deemed severed from the rest of the conditions and shall not be made a part of this Agreement.
- This Agreement represents the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter of the foregoing and cannot be modified except as provided for hereinabove or in a writing signed by an authorized representative of ASID.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF INTERIOR DESIGNERS COPYRIGHT POLICY
ASID respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask those posting content on this site to do the same. ASID may, in appropriate circumstances, bar from this Web site any user who infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that there has been a copyright violation of your work, please provide ASID's Copyright Agent with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an e-mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
ASID's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
1152 15th St. NW, Suite 910
Washington, D.C. 20005
Phone: (202) 546-3480
Fax: (202) 546-3240
If you believe that the posted content has been removed from the site in error, please provide ASID's Copyright Agent with the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, telephone number and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or their agent.
Permission to Use Copyrighted Material
This Web site contains documents, photos, icons, and other copyrighted materials owned by ASID or our content providers. Users of this Web site are authorized to use, copy, download, or reproduce the copyrighted material owned by ASID, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be modified.
- All copyright and other proprietary notices must be retained in the document.
- You may not reproduce, copy or redistribute the design or layout of this website without our express written permission.
This permission does not extend to materials owned by third-party content providers. You must contact the third-party content provider directly for permission to use their copyrighted works.
The American Society of Interior Designers, Inc. ("ASID") respects the privacy of its website users. ASID does not collect personal information through its website from its website users other than the information its website users voluntarily provide ASID through use of its website. Such information consists of the website user's name, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address and user's website address (URL).
This information may be used by ASID in any one or more of the following ways:
- To send ASID-related materials by mail, e-mail or otherwise to its website users;
- To distribute time-sensitive information such as Legislative Alerts or NewsFlash via e-mail and/or fax;
- To notify its website users about products, services, and other information ASID believes its website users might want to know.
Information collected from individuals using the ASID Worldwide Referral Service is used only for purposes of matching them with qualified designers and for sending referral information to them. It is not shared with third parties or used for any other purpose. You may choose not to have this information shared with the designers whose names come up for referral.
ASID may use "cookies" which are placed on users' computers from ASID's website, for the purpose of facilitating the website user's log in process. ASID does not collect personal information through "cookies." ASID aggregates website user information and reports on aggregated usage, not on individual users. If you do not wish the login "cookie" to be placed on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse "cookies." However, if you do so, you will have to login each time you visit the site.
You will also be given the opportunity to let ASID know if you do not wish to receive the information described above by clicking on a designated "opt out" button on ASID's website.
ASID website users will, if the website user clicks on links and/or ad banners, be taken to third-party websites. You will, in such regard, be subject to the third-party's privacy policies, and ASID cannot be responsible for such third-parties' actions. ASID encourages you to read the privacy policies of such third parties.