Tips # 1: Confirmation email sent out and membership kit delivered.
Each applicant approved for ASID Allied membership receives a confirmation email, if provided on your application. Also, within a couple of weeks a membership kit is sent out that includes your ID card and documents concerning your membership.
If you have not received this information, that most likely means we have an undeliverable email or mailing address. To verify your e-mail or your mailing address, please login to My ASID.
Tips # 2: Have you been contacted by your Professional Chapter lately?
One suggestion, to gain an enriching ASID membership experience as a new designer, is to get involved in your chapter through meetings, special events and other networking opportunities. If your chapter has not yet contacted you, we encourage you to proactively get in touch with them. You can now view your chapter affiliation when you log in to your personal ASID profile. To find your local Chapter's information, please visit www.asid.org/locate. If you have any further questions about how to contact your chapter, please e-mail the ASID Customer Service Team at email@example.com.
Tips # 3: Are you informed about our Design Knowledge center?
The Design Knowledge center is a gateway for design-related news and publications within the Interior Design industry. You will find valuable resources and tools regarding topics such as: Aging and Accessibility, Codes and Standards, sustainable design etc. Please visit the Knowledge Center to view our full listing of ASID publications.
Tips # 4: Highlights of the ASID web site.
As an ASID member you have a number of benefits, including the access to use and explore the ASID Web site, www.asid.org. A source of membership information, marketing tools and industry news, asid.org serves many purposes and can be a great tool. Listed below a few of the many features the ASID Web site has to offer.
- Emerging Professionals Page: Informative resources dedicated to providing key information, updates and articles that will become the stepping stones for your professional growth.
- Industry Partner Directory: A national directory of ASID Industry Partners, including both company and representative contact information. The directory can be used to search the membership by company name, representative, state, chapter, or products and services.
- Designer Referral Service: A searchable database of ASID designers, including individual designer profiles, complete with pictures of projects and descriptions of work.
- Chapter Contact Information: A complete listing of all 47 ASID chapters' contact information.
- Events Calendar: Comprehensive events listings, including national/international design events and ASID chapter events.
ASID ICON Online: The Society's bi-monthly magazine can be found online in digital format. ASID ICON presents editorial content on the leading industry issues, including sustainability, universal design, design specialties, business practices and how to market and grow your business.
- Career Center: Have a job opening? Need an intern? The ASID Career Center's job section can be a great source for posting and finding jobs within the industry. Remember, all Industry Partners receive free internship postings.
My ASID: Login online to update your membership contact information. You can also sign up and manage your profile on the Member Referral Page, as well as report your CEUs and your design specialties.
Tips # 5: How to Use the Designer Referral Service
Take advantage of a valuable member benefit—The ASID Member Referral Service! Reach potential clients through the referral service by creating a personal profile, complete with photos that the public can view when searching for an interior designer in their area. Editing capabilities will be at your fingertips 24 hours a day via the ASID Web site. You can change the photos you have displayed, update your contact information, and revise your profile at your convenience.
If you haven't participated in the referral service before, now is the perfect time to join!
To begin your profile, please visit your My ASID page. This service is open to all active practitioner members of ASID in good standing.
Questions about the referral service? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips # 6: CEUs
Every practitioner member of ASID must take continuing education. This includes every ASID member in the Allied, Professional, and Associate Membership categories. Note that members in the following categories are not required to fulfill the continuing education requirement: Professional Inactive, Professional Life Member, Professional Retired, Allied Retired, Industry Partner, Student Member. Learn more about the requirements here.
Tips # 7: Have you received your copy of ICON, Newsflash and Eye on Design?
One benefit of being an ASID member is that you are automatically subscribed to our own award-winning bimonthly magazine, ASID ICON, where you can find information about current trends and industry news. As a member you also receive the biweekly e-newsletter, News Flash, and industry news updates such as Eye on Design, all of which will keep you in the know in the design and business world, as well as Society happenings.
If you have not been receiving ASID ICON and are an active ASID practitioner member, please make sure that we have your preferred address. If you are no longer receiving the e-newsletters, that most likely means we have an undeliverable e-mail address for you. To change your e-mail or your mailing address, please go to My ASID and login to update your profile.
Tips # 9: Are you aware of the discounts that are available to you?
ASID offers many incentives through the ASID Advantage program, which offers members access to business tools and affinity programs, including...
Contract Documents: ASID residential and commercial interior documents are the most widely accepted standard forms in the interior design industry. They not only protect the designer but also build consumer confidence by facilitating communications among all involved parties of a project. To purchase, go to the ASID Store.
- ASID Career Center: The ASID Career center provides access to new employment opportunities in the design field. View the latest openings in commercial and residential design, facilities management, retail design, health care design, hospitality design, internships and more!
- The Insurance Exchange, Inc.: Through a partnership, members have access to professional liability insurance, business owners insurance, disability, life and long-term care insurance.
- Discounted Publication Subscriptions: ASID members receive special subscription rates to several interior design related magazines.
- Please view our Membership Benefits page on our website to learn more.
Tips # 10: Have you received you received your ASID renewal notification?
Renewing online has never been easier! You can view your invoice, pay your dues, update your contact information and print off your receipt all by logging in to My ASID and then click on "Pay Your Open Invoices". All practitioner members renewing ASID membership have the option of signing up for a monthly debit on their credit card. This will reduce the initial outlay of money to renew your membership and allow you to divide the overall dues amount across 12 months. You may sign up for this program either when you renew online or via the mailed invoice. The debit will continue until you notify ASID in writing that you would like it to stop.
If your payment has already been sent, please log in to My ASID to review your payment status and print a receipt.
Thank you for your continued support of ASID and the interior design industry and we look forward to serving you in the next year.