Student Membership Helpful Hints
Tip # 1: Confirmation email sent out and online membership resources delivered.
Each applicant approved for ASID Student membership receives a confirmation email, including a link to print out your personal membership ID Card and a link for additional online membership resources.
If you have not received this confirmation email, it most likely means we have an undeliverable email address. To verify your e-mail and mailing addresses, please log into My ASID and login to review your profile.
Tip # 2: Have you been in contact with your Student Chapter?
One suggestion, to gain an enriching ASID membership experience, is to get involved in your student chapter through meetings, special events and other networking opportunities. If your chapter has not yet contacted you, we encourage you to proactively get in touch with them.
To find out your student chapter's contact information, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Tip # 3: Are you informed about our Design Knowledge center?
The Design Knowledge Center is a gateway for design-related news and publications within the Interior Design industry. You will find valuable resources and tools regarding topics such as: Aging and Accessibility, Codes and Standards, sustainable design etc. Click here to view our full listing of ASID publications.
Tip # 4: Have you visited the ASID store?
The ASID Store is a new feature on our site designed specifically for e-commerce merchandise. Student chapter logo products, publications, and educational resources can now be purchased from our ASID store. Make sure you are logged onto My ASID first as an ASID member to receive member discounted pricing on most items. Items can be viewed on our site at the ASID Store.
Tips # 5: Awards and Competitions
With the help of the Student Advisory Council, ASID has implemented numerous awards and competitions for ASID student members. Our goal is to get student members involved in creating outstanding designs and gaining exposure amongst their peers and professional members of ASID. Our awards vary from individual projects to student chapter related competitions. Award winners receive monetary prizes and their winning designs and accomplishments are featured in our publications and on our website.
Please visit ASID Awards & Competitions on our website to view more information on our competitions.
Tips # 6: Is your profile updated with your graduation date for Student Advancement?
Upon graduation, active student members are eligible for the ASID Student Advancement incentive. Student Advancement allows all active student members to advance to allied membership for only $75. By becoming an allied member, you will stay connected to the largest network of interior design professionals. Your affiliation with ASID distinguishes you to the public, your potential client base, with a mark of qualification that sets you apart from the competition. Plus you will receive a significant savings over regular allied membership dues along with the other benefits of membership. Please visit Student Advancement on our website to find out more information and to download an application.
Tips # 7: Have you checked out ACCESS and ICON online?
One benefit of being an ASID student member is that you are automatically subscribed to our own award-winning quarterly magazine, ASID ICON, where you can find information about current trends and industry news. As a student member you also receive our student newsletter, ACCESS, that provides informative resources to support you as a student and emerging professional. As an interactive magazine ACCESS is delivered biannually to your e-mail address and posted on the ASID Web site for member access. Students recieve both publications emailed in an interactive PDF.
If you have not been receiving ASID ICON or ACCESS and are an active ASID student member, please make sure that we have your preferred address. If you are no longer receiving the e-newsletters, that most likely means we have an undeliverable e-mail address for you. To change your e-mail or your mailing address, please go to My ASID and login to update your profile.
Tips # 8: Highlights of the ASID Website
As an ASID member you have a number of benefits, including the access to use and explore the ASID Web site, www.asid.org. A source of membership information, marketing tools and industry news, the ASID website serves many purposes and is a great resource. Listed below a few of the many features the ASID Web site has to offer.
- ASID for Students: Information on student member benefits, key opportunities, educational resources, career development tools, awards and competitions, student leadership materials and contact information for the ASID Student Advisory Council.
- Emerging Professionals Page: Informative resources dedicated to providing key information, updates and articles that will become the stepping stones for your professional growth.
- Industry Partner Directory: A national directory of ASID Industry Partners, including both company and representative contact information. The directory can be used to search the membership by company name, representative, state, chapter, or products and services.
- Designer Referral Service: A searchable database of ASID designers, including individual designer profiles, complete with pictures of projects and descriptions of work.
- Chapter Contact Information: A complete listing of all 47 ASID chapters' contact information.
- Events Calendars: Comprehensive events listings, including national/international design events and ASID chapter events.
- ASID ICON Online: The Society’s bi-monthly magazine can be found online in digital format. ASID ICON presents editorial content on the leading industry issues, including sustainability, universal design, design specialties, business practices and how to market and grow your business.
- Job Bank: Have a job opening? Need an intern? The ASID Job Bank can be a great source for posting and finding jobs within the industry. Remember, all Industry Partners receive free internship postings.
- My ASID: Login online to update your membership contact information. You can also sign up and manage your profile on the Member Referral Page, as well as report your CEUs and your design specialties.
- Knowledge Center: Gain access to professional interior design news, research and information on topics such as, sustainable design, business and technology, aging and accessibility and the design profession.
Tips # 9: Business and Career Development
As a student member, you will soon embark on a new journey as a design professional. The Business and Career Development site, provides information and tools that will help you attain your career goals. Topics include: Portfolio Development, Job & Internships, Career Development and much more! To view these resources, please visit Business & Career Development on our site.
Tips # 10: Interested in Student Leadership
Student leaders of ASID play an important role as ambassadors of their ASID student chapter and its members. Student leaders, are provided with a portfolio of informative resources that assist in operating an effective chapter. It also provides networking events that allow you to interact with professional members, industry partners, and your peers. Elections are typically held in March of each year, and the incoming leadership is thoroughly trained at our annual ASID Chapter Leadership Conference.
If you are interesting in becoming a student leader, you can request more information on how to contacting the Student and Emerging Professionals department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips # 11: Have you received your ASID renewal notification?
Renewing online has never been easier! You can view your invoice, pay your dues, update your contact information and print off your receipt all by logging in to My ASID and following the "Renew Your Dues" link from the home page.
If your payment has already been sent, please log in to My ASID to review your payment status and print a receipt.
Thank you for your continued support of ASID and the interior design industry and we look forward to serving you in the next year.